Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

toymaster
Starting Member

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  17:02:35  Show Profile  Visit toymaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. My name is Kelvin. I'm originally from Brooklyn, NY but currently reside in Long Island. My regular job is working for Verizon (unfortunately). I've been BBQing for over 15 years, mostly for frineds and family and the occasional tailgate party. Started BBQing on a weber kettle, then grilled and smoked on a Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe (does everyone hate Brinkmann? I like mine.). This year I decided to jump in feet first and buy my first custom offset smoker I could tow to BBQ's to feed more people. I've been reading this forum for months now and I think it's time I joined the party.
Go to Top of Page

bean

651 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  05:01:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Bill and Kelvin!

bean

BEAN'S BARBECUE
Lang 108
Bubba Grill 250r
Go to Top of Page

Jo Jo

216 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  05:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Bill and Kelvin! You won't find another site with more helpful and friendly folks! We smell pretty good too!

Jo Jo's BBQ- Loganville, Ga.
Taylor 150
"Tired of so-so. Have some Jo Jo's!!"
Go to Top of Page

mountainpitbbq

China
3253 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  20:00:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, a few of us New Yawkers here
quote:
Originally posted by toymaster

Hi everyone. My name is Kelvin. I'm originally from Brooklyn, NY but currently reside in Long Island. My regular job is working for Verizon (unfortunately). I've been BBQing for over 15 years, mostly for frineds and family and the occasional tailgate party. Started BBQing on a weber kettle, then grilled and smoked on a Brinkmann Grill King Deluxe (does everyone hate Brinkmann? I like mine.). This year I decided to jump in feet first and buy my first custom offset smoker I could tow to BBQ's to feed more people. I've been reading this forum for months now and I think it's time I joined the party.

-Dave Putnam Valley NY Peoria Custom Cooker Backyard 24x48 w/ firebox grill NEBS member KCBS certified bbq judge
Go to Top of Page

rightonq10
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  19:39:35  Show Profile  Visit rightonq10's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there! My name is Lisa Bechem. My husband, Henry, and I own a little BBQ catering company called Right On Q. We compete on the professional BBQ circuit - GBA and FBA(occasionally).

We are both from NE Florida. We currently reside in Brunswick, GA.

I have been in the restaurant business for 25 years or so, including a 12 year stint with Hooters of America. You may be able to ascertain how old I am from that info, but a true lady never reveals her age...and I consider myself to be somewhat of a lady.

Henry and I have a 1 year old boy, Griffin. We also love our dogs Buggie, Pug and Gus, English Bulldog.

We cook on our catering rig. Custom made by Stumps Smokers. It holds over 1,000 lbs of the meat(s) of you choice. It is a stick burner. And our Stumps Prince - gravity feed.

We were just in Gordon, GA for a competition last weekend and won 1st pork butt, 2nd pork loin, 3rd ribs and a grand reserve. Our first grand reserve! Also only team to be in the final of all three categories. We are also known for our sauce - which has won several 1st and 2nd place calls.

Glad to be here and look forward to hearing from some of you folks!

Lisa Bechem
Co-Owner
Right On Q BBQ
205 Willow Pond Way
Brunswick, GA 31525
904-309-1448
rightonq10@gmail.com
www.rightonqbbq.com
Go to Top of Page

papa hog

USA
338 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  20:25:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to everyone. Great forum. Great people. You will all enjoy it here.

James Davis
smokinhog@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  23:14:33  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
EVEN THO THEY DON'T KNOW ABOUT THIS FORUM I WANT TO WELCOME DEETS BBQ TO THE WORLD OF SMOKE AND DREAMS. VERY SUCCESSFUL OPENING IN MAUMEE OHIO ..HOLY CRAP 400 LBS OF PORK BUTTS FIRST DAY IN BUSINESS. LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE HERE TO STAY. WOULD LIKE TO GIVE SHOUT OUT TO ROSCOES BBQ NEAR FT. WORTH/ DALLAS AREA. QUALITY PRODUCT AND SOME SERIOUS TONNAGE GOING OUT THE DOOR ,EVERY MONTH, SINCE OPENING A YEAR AGO .. GIVES ME GREAT PLEASURE TO SEE NEW BIZ DOING IT RIGHT AND BEING REWARDED FOR THEIR EFFORTS.. WELCOME

locate billy in Red Keg, michigan - half way between Paradise and Hell
Go to Top of Page

catfish
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2010 :  19:33:49  Show Profile  Send catfish a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't been on in so long I couldn't remember my log in name . So I started a new one I'm Terry from Dothan Al . I have one WSM and love it . Have competed in one Back yard cookoff and got a 3rd in brisket . It was the second brisket I had ever cooked . Have been through two of Oswego and Forrest's BBQ Bootcamp .
I saw last night Forrest is planning one in February and I plan on being there for it
Go to Top of Page

oswego
Administrator

5815 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2010 :  20:06:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terry if I had known I could have found your username and helped you get a new password. Anyway I'm glad you found your way back the the NBBBQNews forum.

Walt

PORK AVENUE BBQ
STUMPS ELITE
Stumps Platinum 5
Stumps Baby
Stumps Dealer
If it ain't fun don't do it
Go to Top of Page

Florida Farmer

Madagascar
4414 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  07:29:27  Show Profile  Visit Florida Farmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Terry! I was talking about you just this week.
Go to Top of Page

Florida Farmer

Madagascar
4414 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  07:30:09  Show Profile  Visit Florida Farmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rightonq10

Hi there! My name is Lisa Bechem. My husband, Henry, and I own a little BBQ catering company called Right On Q. We compete on the professional BBQ circuit - GBA and FBA(occasionally).

We are both from NE Florida. We currently reside in Brunswick, GA.

I have been in the restaurant business for 25 years or so, including a 12 year stint with Hooters of America. You may be able to ascertain how old I am from that info, but a true lady never reveals her age...and I consider myself to be somewhat of a lady.

Henry and I have a 1 year old boy, Griffin. We also love our dogs Buggie, Pug and Gus, English Bulldog.

We cook on our catering rig. Custom made by Stumps Smokers. It holds over 1,000 lbs of the meat(s) of you choice. It is a stick burner. And our Stumps Prince - gravity feed.

We were just in Gordon, GA for a competition last weekend and won 1st pork butt, 2nd pork loin, 3rd ribs and a grand reserve. Our first grand reserve! Also only team to be in the final of all three categories. We are also known for our sauce - which has won several 1st and 2nd place calls.

Glad to be here and look forward to hearing from some of you folks!

Lisa Bechem
Co-Owner
Right On Q BBQ
205 Willow Pond Way
Brunswick, GA 31525
904-309-1448
rightonq10@gmail.com
www.rightonqbbq.com

Welcome Lisa and Henry!
Go to Top of Page

hot dawg

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2010 :  17:54:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello everyone, i hope this is the right place to post this.

im new here.

im from tifton ga.

im a porfessionl hit man,,,on insects that is. i have been in pest control for nearly 34 years
ive been grillin for quite awhile, but just trying to learn more about how to use my old brinkman offset. i have to admit after research on cooking, modifying my cooker, and tips and techniques to use, i finally cooked some of the best, most tender ribs that i have ever eaten!
that was yesterday. now im hooked!!!!!!

im 60 years old.

i also love fishing and woodworking.

this is a great forum! glad to be a member!

hot dawg
Go to Top of Page

Texanx5

USA
2070 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2010 :  18:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard :)

Dewayne
ddg (Texanx5)

2- Old Smokey
WSM a.k.a. Weber Smokey Mountain
Weber Kettle
Stumps Smokers Stretch
Stumps Smokers SW42x6 off-set
Go to Top of Page

BR549
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  14:37:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My name is jayson grimes aka Goob i live in Loxley Alabama. 40 years old iam a tow boat pilot on the mississippi river been working in the marine industry for 20 years. Iam new at Qing but love it
Go to Top of Page

papa hog

USA
338 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  17:52:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hot dog and Goob, welcome to the forum.

James Davis
smokinhog@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic