Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Wood Fire

USA
2542 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  07:06:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When taking a jab or two from my friend Billy about never getting to the river anymore I first suggested this as a joke but then after thinking more about it, why not?

Jack and I used to spend weeks at a time on the Ausable chasing those first cold run steelies and I can't tell you the years worth of BBQ we have cooked at Rib-offs all over the country. It's a natural fit.

Late October or early November over a weekend.
The Ausable river, Oscoda Michigan.
I can make the cabin arrangements cost will depend on how many we get to join in.
Entry to be determined but it will be minimal only to cover a few gag prizes and or supplement the booze fund.
Categories, don't expect the usual.

Before committing to this idea I would like to get some feel for the interested parties. I bet Ol Bear and Mr. Walt are in, maybe Slow Burn if anybody knows where to find him, who else?

Larry Jr.
Jr's Wood Fired BBQ

Southern Pride Smoker
Full Service Catering
Competition Ribber

Edited by - Wood Fire on 10/02/2010 07:45:12

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  10:53:57  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LARRY YOU KNOW I WILL BE THERE FOR LUNCH AND MARGARITAS. .. A STEELIE IN THE FRYING PAN AND ABT'S FOR APPETIZERS WILL GET THIS PARTY ROCKING .. COUNT ON ME AS DAY TRIPPER WOULD GLADLY PROVIDE DIGGS FOR SOMEONE AT MY PLACE IF INTERESTED IN DAY TRIP ONLY .. I KNOW WE COULD WORK BONEDADDYS IN THERE SOMEWHERE..

locate billy in Red Keg, michigan - half way between Paradise and Hell
Go to Top of Page

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  11:12:10  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MESSAGE HAS GONE OUT TO MICHIGAN RIVER RUNNERS. COULD BE A HOOT. RALLY HERE OR ON THE AUSABLE .. I WOULD BE DAY TRIPPER WITH FIRPLACE, MARGARITAS AND LARGE POT O CHILI AS PART OF THE RECOVERY TEAM .. TOP PRIZE SHOULD GO TO BEST STREAM SIDE LUNCH ..

Go to Top of Page

Big Bear

2837 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  17:33:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A little get together sounds like lots of fun. I was telling my close friend Mike who helps me on the BBQ that we might be making a trip up to Billys for a couple of margaritas. It will depend on the dates have some hunting plans made and were making the trip to Jack Daniel's again.

I'm thinking margaritas ice cold beer and order out for BBQ, we could ask Billy if he know's where we could find some.......

Larry let me know what kind of plans your thinking send me an email......

Big Bear's BBQ
Go to Top of Page

Big Bear

2837 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  17:52:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking my WSM will be good enough for a rib throw down ....

Big Bear's BBQ
Go to Top of Page

Wood Fire

USA
2542 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  18:36:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fellas I like how this all sounds for sure. I really need an excuse to get to force me to take the time to get to the river. Let's let this get legs and see if we can put some dates together.

Dave,
What weekend dates in November are definitely out for you?

Larry Jr.
Jr's Wood Fired BBQ

Southern Pride Smoker
Full Service Catering
Competition Ribber
Go to Top of Page

Big Bear

2837 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  18:58:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first weekend would be good............my son David might also be able to make it.............

How amny margaritas can Billy mix up in one batch......

Big Bear's BBQ
Go to Top of Page

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  21:18:01  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MARGARITO MACHINO ONLY MAKES THREE PER BATCH ...EACH ONE IS 32 OZ . ER AH ARE WE POSTING ON WRONG FORUM? THINGS WERE SO SLOW THAT I DIDNT FEEL A SPECIAL POSTING WAS NECESSARY . HARD TO FIND CONVERSATION ON THE WEKENDS AS EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE AT FOOTBALL GAMES OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN BBQ ..ALL WEEKENDS ARE GOOD FOR ME SMALL EVENT AT BONEDADDYSA WEEKEND OF OCT 29TH BUT ASSURES ME NOT IN THE WAY OF HOSTING BBQ FOR OLD FRIENDS..

Edited by - BILLYBONESBBQ on 10/02/2010 21:18:25
Go to Top of Page

Wood Fire

USA
2542 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  06:25:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Big Jack has chimed in as well and agrees the first weekend in November works for him.

As chairman, co-chair, secretary and janitor of this organization I hereby second the motion. November 5th thru the 7th is the date.

Jack and I are planning to leave Thursday evening for the cabin, boat and cooker in tow.

More details as they come available.

Larry Jr.
Jr's Wood Fired BBQ

Southern Pride Smoker
Full Service Catering
Competition Ribber
Go to Top of Page

Big Bear

2837 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  08:50:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I talked to Slow Burn this spring and they were at Camp Grayling doing BBQ have not heard from him since said they were both very busy.....

Glad to see Capt. Jack is on board......

Big Bear's BBQ
Go to Top of Page

Wood Fire

USA
2542 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  10:54:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will make the call to the cabin yet today and try to get us "the big house" to start with sleeps 6 comfortably which will keep costs down. I will also give them a heads up of possibly more cabins needed.

That's 4-6 guys that in for the day or the weekend. I don't call that a party I view that as more of a chance happening. Come on Ohio, Mich. folks get off the fence and come on North for some rod bending and or rib glazing. I bet we can get a dozen or better to join in.

I am thinking of asking Big Bear to host a BBQ clinic so as Billy and I can learn how to cook stuff. .

Larry Jr.
Jr's Wood Fired BBQ

Southern Pride Smoker
Full Service Catering
Competition Ribber
Go to Top of Page

Wood Fire

USA
2542 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  10:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Billy,
I love the shore lunch idea and I think the little park area beside Whirlpool launch would be perfect for the idea as those of us that will have our boats in will likely be parked there anyway. It's coming together, nice.

I would ask our friends from AL but I am not so sure how they would do with ice freezing on the rod tips.... I am pretty sure they wouldn't call us "friends" after the weekend.

Larry Jr.
Jr's Wood Fired BBQ

Southern Pride Smoker
Full Service Catering
Competition Ribber
Go to Top of Page

Big Bear

2837 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  11:47:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Mike and I will help Billy with the shore lunch, Larry are you brining the S.P. with you ?????? I'm thinking a rib throw down Sat. afternoon..................

Big Bear's BBQ
Go to Top of Page

slowburn steve

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  14:11:33  Show Profile  Visit slowburn steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From DEEP in the woods of Grayling, I'm in...

If I did it,
I don't remember...

slowburn Steve,
Go to Top of Page

Wood Fire

USA
2542 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  16:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holly crap man he is still here. Are you still working the base?

Larry Jr.
Jr's Wood Fired BBQ

Southern Pride Smoker
Full Service Catering
Competition Ribber
Go to Top of Page

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  18:16:29  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GOT THE DATES CIRCLED ..LOOKING FOR MY BOOT PAKS

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
National Barbecue News Forums © 2013 National Barbecue News Go To Top Of Page