New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2010 :  00:39:27  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
THE NEXT ONE IS DECEMBER 11TH PROBABLY MEET HERE AND LEAVE YOUR JAMMIES ETC. ORGANIZING A BUS TO BONEDADDYS AS HE HAS INSISTED ON HAVING THE ANNUAL XMAS BLOWOUT AT HIS PLACE. SHOULD BE A HOOT AND GOOD PLACE TO PLAN NEXT ONE IN THE KEYS ..

locate billy in Red Keg, michigan - half way between Paradise and Hell
Go to Top of Page

Wood Fire

USA
2542 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2010 :  04:15:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The great American BBQ Road Tour! I will have the smoker fired up for some Span Macs. Can't wait to see you and Jr. in the Conch Republic.

Big Jack and I are surely in for the pre-Keys planner on the 11th.

We now have a good friend and fellow pit-master from Walhalla, SC joining us down South this year. Our door is open and the boat is always gassed up. Or we can come down to KW and meet you all on Duval whichever works for us.

We need someone from NV to offer to host the next stop on the tour as I have a golf week planned in Vegas again this year the week after we get back from our first trip to Marathon. In honor of the many Parrot Heads out there I think we should call this "The North American BBQ Booze Cruise Tour" !

Larry Jr.
Jr's Wood Fired BBQ

Southern Pride Smoker
Full Service Catering
Competition Ribber
Go to Top of Page

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2010 :  06:47:06  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
SHALL I BRING MY FLY RODS..GAVE MY GOLF CLUBS TO GRANDSON (DOING DUTY WITH THE STATE DEPT) AS GRADUATION PRESENT FROM LANGUAGE SCHOOL. VEGAS IS GREAT PLACE TO GO FOUR WHEELING AND A BBQ ON A MOUNTAIN TOP IS A BEAUTIFUL THING ..WE COULD GET AMY AND MIKE TO JOIN US FOR SURE..WE COULD STOP BY RUB AND PICK UP SOME BACON CUBES AND FRY EM UP IN A TURKEY POT . THAT WOULD WORK TOO .. KINDA LIKE BEING BACK ON THE TOUR . I'M LIKING THIS ..MAYBE WE COULD RECRUIT KELL TO JOIN US .. NOW THAT WOULD BE SPECIAL . OH WAIT HE'S HITCHED AGAIN . CROSS OUT KELL ..

Go to Top of Page

Wood Fire

USA
2542 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  19:36:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha! Sad to think this was the last time I was on here with the rest of you merry band of misfits.

Sitting here thinking back and thought I should drop in to see what trouble the old gang (you know who you are and by the way I have gotten no older) might be stirring up.

I think Billy was recently down Island when we were but other than that I have heard "hide nor hair" of any of you in so long I almost managed to forget somethings, then I was reminded of them with a look of disapproval from the SO and much of it came flooding back to me.....

Larry Jr.
Jr's Wood Fired BBQ

Southern Pride Smoker
Full Service Catering
Competition Ribber
Go to Top of Page

Ken Fluker

USA
1963 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  07:24:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wood Fire

Ha! Sad to think this was the last time I was on here with the rest of you merry band of misfits.

Sitting here thinking back and thought I should drop in to see what trouble the old gang (you know who you are and by the way I have gotten no older) might be stirring up.

I think Billy was recently down Island when we were but other than that I have heard "hide nor hair" of any of you in so long I almost managed to forget somethings, then I was reminded of them with a look of disapproval from the SO and much of it came flooding back to me.....

Larry Jr.
Jr's Wood Fired BBQ

Southern Pride Smoker
Full Service Catering
Competition Ribber

Larry good to have you back. Don't stay away so long. We need somebody to help us to keep the three B's straight.

Ez-Duz-It
FBA/KCBS/MIM/MBN/GBA
"Off The Sauce Cookers"
Phil White and Ken Fluker
Customized Candy Apple Red 5 rack Stumps Stretch/w Cyber Q
Stumps Elite
Lower Alabama & part time Waynesboro, Ga.
"Loyal Order of Thin Blue Smoke"
Go to Top of Page

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2012 :  08:01:56  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GEEZ JUST RETURNED FROM A COUPLE WEKS IN MARATHON. DID THE DUVAL STREET THING AND OYSTERS AT A.B.D.D DOCK .. FED THE DOLPHINS AND PELICANS. HAHAHA .. TRIED OYSTERS WITH CAVIAR OK BUT NOT SPECIAL . HAHAH STAYED WITH CONCH CHOWDER AND A PLATE OF DEEP FRIED CRITTERS.. .. WE HAVE GOT TO GET BETTER COMMUNICATION WORKING HERE.. RENO IS ON FOR 2012 AND ANNUAL STEELHEAD JAUNT TO MIO IS IN THE PLANNING STAGES.. WILL WORK IN VARIOUS ONE DAY ( HELL EVEN ONE HOUR) TIMES ON THE RIVER AS THEY BECOME POSSIBLE .. KEEP YOUR LINE WET AND BEER COLD..

Edited by - BILLYBONESBBQ on 03/13/2012 08:35:56
Go to Top of Page

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  08:44:58  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
DEAR LARRY AND JACK ... SMOKIN LAST ALOTMENT OF SALMON FROM THE HATCHERIES. SPECIAL DEAL FOR US OLD FISHERMEN IN MICHIGAN .. MUST BE 55 OR OLDER TO BUY A FISH TAKEN FOR EGGS BY STATE HATCHERIES. $5.00 WILL GET YOU PRETTY NICE SALMON .. LAST OF MY SUGAR MAPLE GOIN IN THE SMOKER. NO MORE TROUT IN THE FREEZER. APRIL WILL NOT GET HERE SOON ENOUGH... MAY HAVE TO RESORT TO DYNAMITE .. HAHAHAH EVER HOPEFUL, I JUST BOUGHT THE FIFTY YEAR 'TROUT UNLIMITED" FLY ROD AND ANXIOUS TO GIVE HER A CAST OR TWO .. FRONT YARD CLEARED OF SNOW AND SMELT SHOULD BE RUNNING SOON . WONDER HOW I WOULD DO WITH SMALL GREY MIDGE PRESENTATION .. SOUNDING DESPERATE AND.... I AM ..LET ME KNOW WHERE YOUR HANGING YOUR HAT THESE DAYS AND WHAT YOUR COOKIN???

Go to Top of Page

Big Bear

2837 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  20:24:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not been on here in a while its good to see you guys are still kicking .....

Big Bear's BBQ
Go to Top of Page

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  21:08:09  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BIG BEAR THIS SMILEY FACE IS FOR YOU .. NICE TO HAVE YOU BACK BEEN QUIET LATELY .. BOBBER TOOK A WORLD TOUR, SAW AND DID EVERYTHING. NOW WE DON'T EVEN GET A GOOD NATURED RIBBING FROM HIM .. LAST I HEAR OF WOODFIRE HE WAS WALKING A BRIDGE SOMEWHERE, HOPE HE DIDIN'T HAVE A TERIBLE ACCIDENT.. WHO ELSE WE MISSING AND WHY ?? CACTUS AND I HAVE THIS WHOLE PLACE TO OURSELVES BUT NOT MUCH FUN IF NO ONE TO JABBER WITH ..BIG O IS STILL ON AND PURPLE SHADOW IS READING, N. CAROLINS IS READING AND REST SEEM TO BE WORKING .. WHICH IS A GOOD THING ..

Go to Top of Page

Big Bear

2837 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  21:14:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya its been a while, I did get some of your rub a little bit ago have some friends that get from a store in your area. I did 10 pork butts and they came out great everybody loved the taste .... good stuff bub ......... hope your doing well and seems like Larry should be retiring soon that's a dangerous job Larry has.... maybe we can try and get together sometime this coming year ....

Big Bear's BBQ
Go to Top of Page

Big Bear

2837 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  21:21:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Billy I'll send a smiley back to ya and Larry ....

Big Bear's BBQ
Go to Top of Page

Cactus1

USA
1638 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  00:34:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Billy - Are you saying I ain't fun to jabber with?
Know we need more to get some semi-intelligent conversation going. I got the semi part down and you provide the intelligent part.

* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
" A Balanced Diet Is A Rib Bone In One Hand
And ... Uh ... Oh Yeah ... Maybe A Chicken Wing In The Other!"
Member - IBS, Nelsen's Hall Bitter's Club, & West Side Rooters Social Club
Whatever You Do - Wherever You Go - Have A Great One!
22 1/2" Weber One Touch Silver (my "go to grill"), 26 3/4" Weber One Touch Gold, 18 1/2" WSM (with basic mods), 22 1/2" WSM (with basic mods), 1970's era Weber Kettle (rescued from & at my Dad's in Ohio - my cooker when I'm there), MasterBuilt Digital Electric
Go to Top of Page

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  07:06:14  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
CACTUS YOU BEING ON HERE IS A GIVEN CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON YOU FOR PALAVERIN .. (THE DUKE SAID PALAVERIN) . I KNOW I KOW THERE ARE THOSE SAYING WHO THE HELL IS "THE DUKE" ? ..FANTASTIC WEATHER YESTERDAY AND NEARLY SAME AGAIN TODAY .. HAVE SMALL HOLSTEIN SMOKING LAST OF THIS YEARS SALMON AND A COUPLE WHITEFISH FROM TRAVERSE BAY .. MOST IS GOING TO SOME HUNTING FRIENDS BUT WILL SAVE A COUPLE TAILS FOR MYSELF AND COMPANY SHOULD THAT HAPPEN ..

Go to Top of Page

Cactus1

USA
1638 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  09:34:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do know the Duke reference. Need to get some fish smoking. Being back to work is good but has really cramped my style. Actually bought commercially smoked peppered mackeral last weekend. Will be my lunch on Friday. Do get some fish grilled from time to time. Have some tilapia and a nice piece of shark in the freezer for the grill. Did a couple pieces of Northern Pike a few weeks ago - Dad had told me that they were not really a good eating fish when I bought them - he was right and for 1st time in my life I actually threw something that I grilled / barbecued in the garbage. By the way ... Those weird, whole, untrimmed, center cut - still attached to the backbone - pork chops that I got last weekend were awesome. Didn't worry to much about temp control - WSM likes to run at 250 anyway. Just minioned and let them smoke for 5 hours and pulled them off. I will buy them again.

* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
" A Balanced Diet Is A Rib Bone In One Hand
And ... Uh ... Oh Yeah ... Maybe A Chicken Wing In The Other!"
Member - IBS, Nelsen's Hall Bitter's Club, & West Side Rooters Social Club
Whatever You Do - Wherever You Go - Have A Great One!
22 1/2" Weber One Touch Silver (my "go to grill"), 26 3/4" Weber One Touch Gold, 18 1/2" WSM (with basic mods), 22 1/2" WSM (with basic mods), 1970's era Weber Kettle (rescued from & at my Dad's in Ohio - my cooker when I'm there), MasterBuilt Digital Electric
Go to Top of Page

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  11:59:11  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ALERT ALERT . THE TITTABAWASSEE RIVER WALLEYE TOURNAMENT HAPPENS THIS WEEKEND IN "FREELAND MI" APRIL 27-28-29> (FREE LAND WAS GIVEN TO RETURNING CIVIL WAR TROOPS IN LEW OF CASH) THUS FREELAND. SWAMP LAND AND LOGGED OVER BUT SOME OF THE BIGGEST WALLEYE KNOWN IN THESE WATERS. FIRST YEARS WINNER WAS 9 1/2 LBS AND RECENT WINNER TOPPED 14 LBS. WE WILL BE SET UP AT LOCAL CHEVY DEALER AND DISPENSING BBQ AND FISHIN STORIES.. HEY CACTUS. COME ON UP IF YOU GOT SOME TIME. BRING LARRY AND FAT JACK WITH YA .. HAHAHAHA WE'RE MOVIN TO MIO NEXT WEEK TO KEEP UP WITH SEASON TROUT OPENER. MOST OF EARLY GUYS HEAD HOME LEAVING THE SPRING HATCHES TO US OLD GUYS WITH NOTHIN BETTER TO DO THAN BIDE OUR TIME AND RENEW OUR RIGGIN .. STOCKPILED SOME GREAT APPLE . NOW JUST NEED TO STOCKPILE A COUPLE NICE RAINBOWS OR BROOKIES.. AHHHHHHHHH

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
National Barbecue News Forums © 2013 National Barbecue News Go To Top Of Page