New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chuckwagonbbqco
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  11:45:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all--I am Leonard Sanders from Chuck Wagon BBQ Company located in Oroville,CA. Oroville is located in Butte County, California--approx 100 miles north of Sacramento. Butte County is known as the home of "Sierra Nevada Brewing" in Chico, CA and home of Chico State University--as featured on "Campus Police"

I am 57 years old and have been smoking and grilling for over 30 years, and catering for the past 20 years. We have several towable smokers, a large "Santa Maria style towable grill, and a pig rottiesserre. We caterfor all size groups, we also vend at Northern California events.
We are also dutch oven experts, chuck wagon affectianados, and historical reenactors. We use mostly primitave cooking methods and promote BBQ and dutch oven history.
I am a members of CBBQA (California BBQ Association) NBBQA, KCBS,and participate in other BBQ forums. I am also a certified KCBS judge.
Would love to hear from any others that have similar interests.
I have Scottish ancestry and also study Celtic cooking and history.
I have been seen wearing the kilt and playing the bagpipes. I have played the bagpipes for over 45 years.

You Needs No Teef To Eat My Beef

Florida Farmer

Madagascar
4407 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  12:10:43  Show Profile  Visit Florida Farmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome Leonard! I ain't never wore no kilt nor played no bagpipes but I have done a right smart of dutch oven cooking myself too.
Go to Top of Page

bean

651 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  12:22:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Leonard!

bean

BEAN'S BARBECUE
Lang 108
Bubba Grill 250r
Go to Top of Page

papa hog

USA
338 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  13:33:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum. I am learning DO cooking and always need advice from more experienced cooks.

James Davis
smokinhog@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  14:04:40  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WELCOME LEONARD ...I'VE DONE A BIT OF COOKING OVER TURF MYSELF.. GLAD TO WELCOME YOU TO THE FORUM .. RE ENACTORS ??? AMERICAN OR SCOTTISH ??

locate billy in Red Keg, michigan - half way between Paradise and Hell
Go to Top of Page

Hu-E-Q

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  16:27:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Leonard!
Thanks
Bill Hughey
Go to Top of Page

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  23:04:44  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LEONARD COULD HAVE GIVEN BETTER DIRECTIONS IF HE HAD JUST SAID "A BIT SOUTH OF "PARADISE". WITH LAKES AND MOUNTAINS, PARADISE IT IS NAMED AND EXACTLY AS IT APPEARS ON MY MAP.. WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Go to Top of Page

Chuckwagonbbqco
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  08:28:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the welcomes.
Yes Billy---I am very close to Paradise----not just halfway like yourself. AKA Pair-A-Dice by the "7-11 Chapter E. Clampus Vitus"

I have pictures of me in Bay City, Saginaw, Hillman, Owosso, and Alpena. What do I need to do to qualify as a Red Kegger.I was born in Bay City---Grandfather was a Cornish copper miner in the UP-and later became a Methodist Minister. He was the Minister of the Bay City Methodist Church when I was born. I get tears in my eyes thinking of family BBQs this time of the year at our family cottage in Harrisville, MI on Lake Huron. Watching the changing colors on the bark of the meat--and the changing colors of the fall leaves.
Fall colors are almost non-existant in California.

You Needs No Teef To Eat My Beef
Go to Top of Page

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  20:45:42  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
CHUCKWAGONBBQCO. LAST GUY WITH THAT MONIKER FROM RED KEG AREA WAS DOING CHUCKWAGON COOKING AND FOLLOWING A HORSE SHOW CIRCUIT. YOU BE HIM ?...STAY SAFE, THERE, IN PARADISE. WELCOME TO RED KEG WHENEVER THE MOOD STRIKES YOU .. WERE SMOKIN MOST WEEKENDS AND THE FISHIN IS WELL ER AH ER ITS PARADISE..

Go to Top of Page

DERRIXRYD

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  22:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Leonard. I think we may have crossed paths in the last couple of years. I took my cbj class in Sacramento earlier this year where I think we may have had a few kind words.
This forum will be a better place with you joining. I have much respect for those who have blazed the trail before me as some call me "Buckaroo" now....thanks Billy.

Billy Bones and Bonedaddy's #1 fan
Gator Pit Special
XL Big Green Egg
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
National Barbecue News Forums © 2013 National Barbecue News Go To Top Of Page