Shane's rib shack
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hogzillas

United Kingdom
1696 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2011 :  15:38:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone ever eaten at one of these? I think I've got a franchise opening up near me in the coming months & wondering about it.

"If you go to a BBQ place & they have a seafood salad on the menu, don't eat the BBQ!"

Los Cerdos Locos
KCBS CBJ
FBA CBJ
BDS 2336
Traeger Jr
????

shadetreebbq

USA
3341 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2011 :  20:49:21  Show Profile  Visit shadetreebbq's Homepage  Send shadetreebbq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I ate at the one in Athens,Ga next to my hotel the hotel gave me a card for 20% off the meal.I wished I would have walked across the street and ate at the Varsity.

Danny,
Lang 84 deluxe w/warmer and grill.
shadetreebbq@yahoo.com
shadetreebarbeque.com
Go to Top of Page

lee_s

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2011 :  21:20:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They have good chicken fingers.

Lee

Sweat's Barbecue

Go to Top of Page

Bullhog

USA
462 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  12:53:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meat isn't too bad. It tastes like any other chain store in my opinion. They do give you good portions so you should end up full when you leave. I would rather find an independent mom and pop restaurant for BBQ but in a pinch and really craving Q, this would do.

Bullhogs BBQ
Hendersonville, TN
"Never grab a pig by the horns!"
Stumps GF223
Go to Top of Page

TLively

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2011 :  17:42:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have one in our area in Evans, GA, which is fairly decent for franchise "Q". It seems to be better than the others that I have been to; Statesboro, GA and Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, which is closed now. I guess that speaks for itself.
As Lee said "their best product is probably the chicken fingers".

TdL (CBJ)
KCBS, MBN, MIM, GBA, SCBA
Go to Top of Page

hogzillas

United Kingdom
1696 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2011 :  16:57:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been to it 3 times just to see & it's ok for a chain type. The service does leave a little to be desired maybe due to getting bugs worked out in opening. Meals were a little cold coming out of the kitchen. I've had the ribs (typical fall off the bone style ), pork (good) & chicken wings (well overdone might as well be pulled chicken instead) I do like the sauces though. The sides are supposed to be fresh but taste more like frozen from grocery store & cooked. If looking for just a change of pace from eating others, I'd go but Jim & Nick's or Full Moon are much better local places other than me doing it myself.

"If you go to a BBQ place & they have a seafood salad on the menu, don't eat the BBQ!"

Los Cerdos Locos
KCBS CBJ
FBA CBJ
BDS 2336
Traeger Jr
????
Go to Top of Page

Another_Q_Lover
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  14:24:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had one near me in North Carolina, but couldn't stay open. Tried their pork once, but it was definitely NOTHING to rave about!

Tom
CBJ - KCBS, MBN, NCPC;
"4 Lil' Pigs" Competition BBQ Team
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
National Barbecue News Forums © 2013 National Barbecue News Go To Top Of Page