Barbecue Catering / Vending
 Smoked turkey legs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

edskull69

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  11:58:17  Show Profile  Visit edskull69's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a question for you guys. I got a case of turkey drums (legs) for $65.33 bucks There are 43 legs averaging a little more than a lb. each. 47 lb. case 1.39 per pound. I am smoking them for a fall festival. What would you guys charge? Per leg? I am thinking $6.00 my wife thinks that sounds high. But I have the cost of the legs, my rub, the time. Also it is in a festival atmosphere and eveything cost more, ..... I want to make some money. Any input would be great.

shadetreebbq

USA
3341 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2011 :  17:32:49  Show Profile  Visit shadetreebbq's Homepage  Send shadetreebbq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I did some here last year they were big turkey legs.We sold them for 8.00 dollars and ran out in 3 hours.We had about 65 to 70 legs total.I did not think we would sell them at first but once we sold a few they did pretty good.

Danny,
Lang 84 deluxe w/warmer and grill.
shadetreebbq@yahoo.com
shadetreebarbeque.com
Go to Top of Page

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2011 :  09:06:15  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
TURKEY LEGS GOING FOR $6.00 IN DEPRESSED ECONOMY ..SAME RENASSANCE FESTIVAL WAS GETTING $8.00 OR 2/15 THREE YEARS AGO.. TIMES, THEY IS A CHANGING ..

locate billy in Red Keg, michigan - half way between Paradise and Hell
Go to Top of Page

livespive

USA
446 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  08:06:27  Show Profile  Click to see livespive's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah like Billy said times is hard for Chico and the man lol.
I would say $5, no more than six.......

43 legs @ $65.33 is $1.52 ea times 3 (300%) is $4.56~ $5.00 nice round number. $5 times 43 is $215, how much do you have in brine, and seasoning for the legs? I am assuming that the smoker is going to be on anyway for other meat? IF not figure in fuel.

Everybody will dig in the pocket for a $5 snack
Go to Top of Page

snap
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  00:22:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once again feel good about 6.00 it's more than just food cost how about your ride to and from the event, insurance,ect,ect.If the 5.00 man did this for a living he would not be in business very long.remember good is not cheap and cheap is not good.

Go to Top of Page

livespive

USA
446 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  07:47:07  Show Profile  Click to see livespive's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
$5.00 is based on me selling more than just that product, which if all that he has is a case of turkey legs, I am going to assume that he is. I am guessing that he is trying to get rid of the legs.

Trust me I agree with you, and my wife hates when I say it quality is not cheap lol.

quote:
Originally posted by snap

Once again feel good about 6.00 it's more than just food cost how about your ride to and from the event, insurance,ect,ect.If the 5.00 man did this for a living he would not be in business very long.remember good is not cheap and cheap is not good.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
National Barbecue News Forums © 2013 National Barbecue News Go To Top Of Page