Moving to Indy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kane72

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2012 :  11:29:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any suggestions for BBQ joints in the Indy area? I am also interested in any suggestions on BBQ supplies in the area too, Meat, spices, etc. Thanks guys for all the help!!!!!

Kenny
Kan Doo Kookers
La Porte Texas

Cactus1

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  21:05:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know of any barbecue or supply, only thing I've ever seen down there is a Famous Dave's, but there are lots of good places to eat - try St. Elmo - great steak and shrimp cocktail and Indy's 700 or 800 miles from the Gulf. Lot's of the chains and some other local places that are good - I can get some names. There's a great bakery out in Southport (forget the name of that to) - you'll stand in line for 15 or 20 minutes on a Saturday or Sunday just to get doughnuts but they're worth it! Check out the Cheeseburger's in Paradise up by Fischers - has the surfboard that Buffet used on tour the year of Hurricane Rita.

* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
" A Balanced Diet Is A Rib Bone In One Hand
And ... Uh ... Oh Yeah ... Maybe A Chicken Wing In The Other!"
Member - IBS, Nelsen's Hall Bitter's Club, & West Side Rooters Social Club
Whatever You Do - Wherever You Go - Have A Great One!
22 1/2" Weber One Touch Silver (my "go to grill"), 26 3/4" Weber One Touch Gold, 18 1/2" WSM (with basic mods), 22 1/2" WSM (with basic mods), 1970's era Weber Kettle (rescued from & at my Dad's in Ohio - my cooker when I'm there), MasterBuilt Digital Electric
Go to Top of Page

kane72

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  19:15:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tips... We are looking at houses in the fishers area. Might have to check out that jimmy buffet place

Kenny
Kan Doo Kookers
La Porte Texas
Go to Top of Page

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  21:09:04  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
SOONER OR LATER YOU'LL FIND YOUR WAY TO NASHVILLE INDIANA FOR A SHOPPING TRIP OR ART GALLERY STROLL. I NEVER GET ENOUGH OF THE FRIED APPLE FRITTERS AT THE NASHVILLE HOUSE. FRESH ROASTED PEANUT AT THE PLANTERS OLE FASHIONED PEANUT ROASTING SHOP. THERE IS THE COUNTRY SMOKEHOUSE FOR THE CITY FOLK. PRICES A BIT HIGH FOR THE LIKES OF REGULAR BBQ GUYS. BUT THEIR SMOKEMASTER HAS ALWAYS DONE A FINE JOB WITH THE MANY LBS OF HAM AND BACON I HAVE PURCHASED OVER THE YEARS. PLAN TO STAY OVERNIGHT AT ONE OF MANY INNNS OR THE STATE PARK CAMPGROUND. MANY WONDERFUL EXPERISNCES FOR FOODIES THERE. I STILL HAVE PHOTO FROM BANK MUSEUM THAT JOHN DILLENGER CLEANED OUT.. YOUR GONNA LOVE THE HILL COUNTRY OF INDIANA.....

locate billy in Red Keg, michigan - half way between Paradise and Hell

Edited by - BILLYBONESBBQ on 02/28/2012 21:09:43
Go to Top of Page

kane72

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  21:14:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Billy! We are looking forward to it. My wife and I went to college in Southern Illinois. We are looking forward to getting up there..

Going to look at houses in 2 weeks...

Kenny
Kan Doo Kookers
La Porte Texas
Go to Top of Page

Cactus1

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  10:09:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can 2nd Billy's recomendations - we really like Brown County and have been there several times.
My wife is not typical - she is not a clothes, shoes, or purse person. On our last trip down there, she walked into a leather store, forget the name, to look around. Saw a purse that she liked but not the color, left, went back a few hours later to look at it again, owner said "no problem" we can make one - pick you leather - three hours later she had her new purse. In the almost 13 years we've been together, it's only the 3rd purse she has bought.
Planters Peanut store in downtown Akron, Ohio - been there for over 60 years and same family still owns it. Walked in to buy some nuts for my Dad for last Father's Day. What nostalgia - brought back a lot of memories. Daughter of one of the original owners waited on me. My Dad, and his brothers and sister, had been friends of the original brothers for years. She remembered them and asked about them. My Dad's been going there to buy his peanuts since the store first opened.

* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
" A Balanced Diet Is A Rib Bone In One Hand
And ... Uh ... Oh Yeah ... Maybe A Chicken Wing In The Other!"
Member - IBS, Nelsen's Hall Bitter's Club, & West Side Rooters Social Club
Whatever You Do - Wherever You Go - Have A Great One!
22 1/2" Weber One Touch Silver (my "go to grill"), 26 3/4" Weber One Touch Gold, 18 1/2" WSM (with basic mods), 22 1/2" WSM (with basic mods), 1970's era Weber Kettle (rescued from & at my Dad's in Ohio - my cooker when I'm there), MasterBuilt Digital Electric
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
National Barbecue News Forums © 2013 National Barbecue News Go To Top Of Page