Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skeetmoses

212 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  12:19:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
E & L Barbecue
1111 Bailey Ave
Jackson, MS 39203
(601) 355-5035

Someone told me about this place before but I never had the time to check it out but when I was in Jackson, MS over the Labor Day weekend for a family reunion I was able to check it out and I had a rib dinner with baked beans and cole slaw.

The baked beans and cole slaw were commercial, meaning they were bought from somewhere else and utilized in the restaurant. I even asked before I got my plate if they made the items there and was told no.

The ribs were grilled there of course and they were tender but I couldn't put my finger on the sauce. It wasn't spicy or sweet, it was just sauce. So I guess it depends on your flavor. Based on the taste I'm sure they make the sauce.

I've read some great reviews on this place but I won't be running back the next time I'm in Jackson. I'm not saying I wouldn't go back but if I did I would try something else to see if there was any difference.

I was given a few more places to check out for great BBQ so I'll probably do that the next time I'm there.

Hey check out my blog: http://bbqandwomen.blogspot.com/ BBQ and Women and check out the archives on the right too
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
National Barbecue News Forums © 2013 National Barbecue News Go To Top Of Page