Weekend Cook 3/17 - 3/18
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cactus1

USA
1638 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  10:06:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doing the whole St.Patrick's Day thing. Point piece of corned beef on the WSM. Will grill a whole head of cabbage and simmer potatoes, carrots, and onions in beer on OTG. Kids and their aunt will be here for dinner. Wife will do conventional, she has a flat, in the crock pot. Rye bread, kraut, swiss cheese, & Russian dressing - oldest step-son prefers Reuban's.
Wonder which of us will have more leftovers? Doesn't matter - both will be good.
Have an almost 9 lb. whole pork loin for Sunday. Probably 1/3 rubbed one way, 1/3 rubbed another for the WSM. Will slice other 1/3 for chops on the grill. Will make a Red-Eye BBQ sauce for one of the roasts. Will grill fresh asparagus to go with the chops.

* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
" A Balanced Diet Is A Rib Bone In One Hand
And ... Uh ... Oh Yeah ... Maybe A Chicken Wing In The Other!"
Member - IBS, Nelsen's Hall Bitter's Club, & West Side Rooters Social Club
Whatever You Do - Wherever You Go - Have A Great One!
22 1/2" Weber One Touch Silver (my "go to grill"), 26 3/4" Weber One Touch Gold, 18 1/2" WSM (with basic mods), 22 1/2" WSM (with basic mods), 1970's era Weber Kettle (rescued from & at my Dad's in Ohio - my cooker when I'm there), MasterBuilt Digital Electric

mountainpitbbq

China
3251 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  10:15:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll smoke the corned beef as I did last year on my Weber kettle. Cabbage and potatoes, as well as some Guiness and Mcsorleys' will be on hand as well

-Dave Putnam Valley NY Peoria Custom Cooker Backyard 24x48 w/ firebox grill NEBS member KCBS certified bbq judge
Go to Top of Page

BigOrangeSmoker

USA
5267 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  19:11:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RIB AND CHICKEN PRACTICE

Off The Sauce Cookers
Stump Monster Ordered

Stump Stretch
Orange Nation
Huntsville,Alabama
Eat A Pig Save A Farmer
phil.white@comcast.net
Go to Top of Page

Farmdog

1162 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2012 :  07:27:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just gonna grill up some Brats

Bill
Junction City, KS
Weber 22 inch kettle
Baby Stumps
Go to Top of Page

BILLYBONESBBQ

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2012 :  13:40:30  Show Profile  Visit BILLYBONESBBQ's Homepage  Reply with Quote
DOES A COUPLE HOT DOGS WARMED IN SAUERKRAUT QUALIFY ?? I PROMISE TO THINK OF SILKY'S PUB IN LISDOONVARNOE, IRELAND, AS I QUAFF A COUPLE GUINESS

locate billy in Red Keg, michigan - half way between Paradise and Hell
Go to Top of Page

Cactus1

USA
1638 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2012 :  01:31:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simmered my taters, carrots, and onions in Harpoon Irish Red. Never had the Harpoon, but I like Irish Red's - both the beer and the beautiful redheads from Ireland.
Forgot when I started the thread ...
Cold smoked - 150 degrees on the WSM with hickory for smoke - my 1st attempt at home made home cured bacon 1st thing Sunday morning. The little taste that I had came out really good. BLT's minus the T for lunch before I go to work today.

* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
" A Balanced Diet Is A Rib Bone In One Hand
And ... Uh ... Oh Yeah ... Maybe A Chicken Wing In The Other!"
Member - IBS, Nelsen's Hall Bitter's Club, & West Side Rooters Social Club
Whatever You Do - Wherever You Go - Have A Great One!
22 1/2" Weber One Touch Silver (my "go to grill"), 26 3/4" Weber One Touch Gold, 18 1/2" WSM (with basic mods), 22 1/2" WSM (with basic mods), 1970's era Weber Kettle (rescued from & at my Dad's in Ohio - my cooker when I'm there), MasterBuilt Digital Electric
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
National Barbecue News Forums © 2013 National Barbecue News Go To Top Of Page