America's Only Magazine Dedicated To ALL Things Barbecue and Grilling!
Red text represents direct links that will take you to the entire story.
Look for the FREE CONTENT as this story will not require a digital subscription.
Table Of Contents 3.2019 Issue
BBQ: The Backyard
• Wooden Smokers – Publisher Kell Phelps gives a peek at some upcoming articles from Rocky Danner about unique smokers.
• Tasty New Sauce Trend – Sugar-free and health conscience trend is coming to the BBQ sauce brands. FREE CONTENT
• BBQ is Now! – BBQ Hall of Famer Paul Kirk shares several recipes from past BBQ superstars. FREE CONTENT
• Smoky Beef & Guinness Stew– Ray Sheehan shares his recipe for Smoky Beef & Guinness Stew with Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
• Spring Has Sprung – Vic Clevenger looks at how BBQ seasons bring change to more than just the weather.
• Bush Cooking Recipes – Jalapeno Stuffed Snipe and Cauliflower Cheese recipes are shared.
BBQ: The Business
• BBQ Family Like None Other – Mark Noordsy introduces readers to Compart Family farms.
• NBBQA: Conference Time Is Here– Registration has started for April 3-6 conference and you don’t want to miss it!
• Famous Dave Opens New International Locations – United Arab Emirates will have a fourth location in February.
• Prairie Fresh and Melissa Cookston Team Up – Details about these two BBQ icons and their new relationship.
BBQ: The Competition
• I Smell Applewood Smoked Pig & Corned Beef – Barbecue Hall of Famer Ardie Davis shares thoughts and memories from several BBQ Greats. FREE CONTENT
• Let’s Be Careful! – Dana “Big Papa” Hillis shares some safety tips as BBQ competition season begins again.
• Northeast Barbecue Society – Spotlights one of their business and competition teams GottaQ Smokehouse.
• Building The Sport Of Steak Cookoffs – Steak Cookoff Association shares new info about 2019 WFC Qualifiers. FREE CONTENT
• Minnesota Barbeque Society – MNBS introduces you to the 2019 Board of Directors
• California BBQ Association – 2019 California Golden State Battle event and TOY updates.
READY TO BBQ?
July 16-18, 2020: Smoke on the Mountain BBQ Championship, Galax, VA POSTPONED TO 2021
July 31-Aug. 1, 2020: Water Valley Watermelon Carnival Train Tracks Pork Attack, Water Valley, MS
Aug. 28-29, 2020: The South Mississippi Bouchere Festival, Tylertown, MS
July 2-5, 2020: DC Jam Barbecue Championship, Landover, Md CANCELED
July 10-11, 2020: Harvest on the Fire at the Winery, Marshall, IL
July 10-11, 2020: New Jersey State BBQ Championship, North Wildwood, NJ
International BBQ Cookers
July 3-4, 2020: 107.3 The Bull BBQ Cookoff, Robstown, Tx CANCELED
July 3-4, 2020: Crawford Chamber 4th of July BBQ Cookoff, Crawford, TX POSTPONED
July 3-4, 2020: Fishin Fiesta, Freeport, Tx
Complete Calendar Here
August 8, 2020: Hog'N Heat 2020, Redwood City, Ca PENDING
August 22, 2020: Hog August Bites 2020, Rio Vista, Ca
August 29, 2020: The Rib Rubdown 2020, Knightsen, Ca
Complete Calendar Here
National Barbecue & Grilling
Aug. 1, 2020: B-Dale BBQ Contest, Roseville, MN
Aug. 15, 2020: Knights of Columbus BBQ Rib & Chicken Back Yard Competition
Aug 21-22, 2020: 13th Annual Big Island BBQ, Albert Lea, MN CANCELED
July 3-4, 2020: I Love BBQ and Music Festival, Lake Placid, NY.
July 10-11, 2020: Auburn Rotary Party in the Park, Auburn, NY.
July 17-18, 2020: Chillin’ and Grillin’ in the Glades, Wise, VA.
Originally it started as a printed newsletter to let avid barbecuers keep track of upcoming events and results from past events. Today we have evolved into a barbecue and grilling information super highway as we share information about ALL things barbecue and grilling.