America's Only Magazine Dedicated To ALL Things Barbecue and Grilling!
Welcome to the DIGITAL issue of Barbecue News Magazine!
Below is the list of direct links to access this month’s articles and stories.
Red text represents direct links that will take you to the entire story.
Look for the FREE CONTENT as this story will not require a digital subscription.
Table Of Contents 8.2019 Issue
BBQ: The Backyard
• Barbecue Unites U.S. Senate – South 40 Smokehouse catering team invited to cook at U.S. Capitol. FREE CONTENT!
• Aaron Franklin’s New Steak book– Book Guru Doug Mosley reviews several new HOT cookbooks.
• Smoked Pimento Cheese Burger – Awesome Summertime Recipe from Ray “BBQ Buddha” Sheehan
• BBQ Stickers – Publisher Kell Phelps shares a story about how this fad faded but glad to see it back. FREE CONTENT!
BBQ: The Business
• Mr. Ben Que’n Product Reviews – Hoosier Daddys sauce and more products are reviewed.
• Warning! Avoid the Happy Talk – Pitbull of Personal Development Larry Winget warns about the “Happy Talk.”
• Famous Dave’s New Marketing Director– KC Glaser becomes new Director of Marketing for the restaurant giant.
BBQ: The Competition
• Giant National Captial BBQ Battle Photos – Photojournalist Daren Proctor shares his amazing photos from this event FREE CONTENT!
• California BBQ Association – Info and photos from the inaugural Smoke & Hops event.
• Steak Cookoff Association – SCA shares info and points chase updates and upcoming event preview.
• Northeast Barbecue Society – Highlights their members Boo Boo Qued barbecue team.
• BBQ Journeys – Dana “Big Papa” Hillis shares stories from his travels and competitions.
READY TO BBQ?
July 16-18, 2020: Smoke on the Mountain BBQ Championship, Galax, VA POSTPONED TO 2021
July 31-Aug. 1, 2020: Water Valley Watermelon Carnival Train Tracks Pork Attack, Water Valley, MS
Aug. 28-29, 2020: The South Mississippi Bouchere Festival, Tylertown, MS
July 2-5, 2020: DC Jam Barbecue Championship, Landover, Md CANCELED
July 10-11, 2020: Harvest on the Fire at the Winery, Marshall, IL
July 10-11, 2020: New Jersey State BBQ Championship, North Wildwood, NJ
International BBQ Cookers
July 3-4, 2020: 107.3 The Bull BBQ Cookoff, Robstown, Tx CANCELED
July 3-4, 2020: Crawford Chamber 4th of July BBQ Cookoff, Crawford, TX POSTPONED
July 3-4, 2020: Fishin Fiesta, Freeport, Tx
Complete Calendar Here
August 8, 2020: Hog'N Heat 2020, Redwood City, Ca PENDING
August 22, 2020: Hog August Bites 2020, Rio Vista, Ca
August 29, 2020: The Rib Rubdown 2020, Knightsen, Ca
Complete Calendar Here
National Barbecue & Grilling
Aug. 1, 2020: B-Dale BBQ Contest, Roseville, MN
Aug. 15, 2020: Knights of Columbus BBQ Rib & Chicken Back Yard Competition
Aug 21-22, 2020: 13th Annual Big Island BBQ, Albert Lea, MN CANCELED
July 3-4, 2020: I Love BBQ and Music Festival, Lake Placid, NY.
July 10-11, 2020: Auburn Rotary Party in the Park, Auburn, NY.
July 17-18, 2020: Chillin’ and Grillin’ in the Glades, Wise, VA.
Originally it started as a printed newsletter to let avid barbecuers keep track of upcoming events and results from past events. Today we have evolved into a barbecue and grilling information super highway as we share information about ALL things barbecue and grilling.