America's Only Magazine Dedicated To ALL Things Barbecue and Grilling!
Red text represents direct links that will take you to the entire story.
Look for the FREE CONTENT as this story will not require digital subscription.
Table Of Contents 6.2019 Issue
BBQ: The Backyard
• With Sauce or Without Sauce – Publisher Kell Phelps questions you about BBQ sauce. FREE CONTENT!
• Myron’s BBQ&A and Burgers– Book Guru Doug Mosley reviews several new smokin’ books.
• Cheerwine Baby Back Ribs– Awesome Summertime Recipe from Ray “BBQ Buddha” Sheehan
• Mr. Ben Que’n Product Reviews – Info on winning competitors and their products.
• 2019 Sauces of Honors Winners – Top 10 finishers from the National Barbecue News yearly sauce contest FREE CONTENT!
• Ardie’s Memphis Roadtrip– BBQ Hall of Famer shares his Memphis In May must-see list.
BBQ: The Business
• NBBQA– Shares information about the backbone of their organization.
• Most Business Books Are Doo-Doo! – Pitbull of Personal Development Larry Winget shares his findings on most business books.
• Self-Ordering System Introduced– Grubbrr introduced its new technology during the National Restaurant Show.
• BBQ Business Essentials– Vic Clevenger shares his thoughts on successful business practices. FREE CONTENT!
• Five Grilling Facts From HPBA – Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association Shares Consumer Data on Grilling and Patio Trends.
BBQ: The Competition
• BBQ Friends – Mark and Gretchen Noorsday introduces the Williams’ family.
• Steak Cookoff Association – MEATSTOCK info and points chase updates.
• Northeast Barbecue Society – details and info on upcoming NEBS events and happenings.
• Ribs for the Champion – Dana “Big Papa” Hillis shares info on a special reward for wrestling champion.
• Minnesota Barbeque Society – Info and winners from the largest KCBS event in Minnesota: Minnesota In May
• Memphis In May 2019 Results & Photos – MIM 2019…New World Champion crowned with photos from Daren Proctor & Frank Boyer FREE CONTENT!
• California BBQ Association – Info and photos from the Waterfront Cook-off in Long Beach, CA.
READY TO BBQ?
July 16-18, 2020: Smoke on the Mountain BBQ Championship, Galax, VA POSTPONED TO 2021
July 31-Aug. 1, 2020: Water Valley Watermelon Carnival Train Tracks Pork Attack, Water Valley, MS
Aug. 28-29, 2020: The South Mississippi Bouchere Festival, Tylertown, MS
July 2-5, 2020: DC Jam Barbecue Championship, Landover, Md CANCELED
July 10-11, 2020: Harvest on the Fire at the Winery, Marshall, IL
July 10-11, 2020: New Jersey State BBQ Championship, North Wildwood, NJ
International BBQ Cookers
July 3-4, 2020: 107.3 The Bull BBQ Cookoff, Robstown, Tx CANCELED
July 3-4, 2020: Crawford Chamber 4th of July BBQ Cookoff, Crawford, TX POSTPONED
July 3-4, 2020: Fishin Fiesta, Freeport, Tx
Complete Calendar Here
August 8, 2020: Hog'N Heat 2020, Redwood City, Ca PENDING
August 22, 2020: Hog August Bites 2020, Rio Vista, Ca
August 29, 2020: The Rib Rubdown 2020, Knightsen, Ca
Complete Calendar Here
National Barbecue & Grilling
Aug. 1, 2020: B-Dale BBQ Contest, Roseville, MN
Aug. 15, 2020: Knights of Columbus BBQ Rib & Chicken Back Yard Competition
Aug 21-22, 2020: 13th Annual Big Island BBQ, Albert Lea, MN CANCELED
July 3-4, 2020: I Love BBQ and Music Festival, Lake Placid, NY.
July 10-11, 2020: Auburn Rotary Party in the Park, Auburn, NY.
July 17-18, 2020: Chillin’ and Grillin’ in the Glades, Wise, VA.
Originally it started as a printed newsletter to let avid barbecuers keep track of upcoming events and results from past events. Today we have evolved into a barbecue and grilling information super highway as we share information about ALL things barbecue and grilling.