Red text represents direct links that will take you to the entire story.
Look for the FREE CONTENT as this story will not require a digital subscription.
Table Of Contents 5.2019 Issue
BBQ: The Backyard
• Welcome to National Barbecue Month – Publisher Kell Phelps introduces some new contributors and events.
• Cured Pork Belly Bacon– Must have barbecue recipe from Ray Sheehan “BBQ Buddha”
• Ben Que’n New Product Reviews – REC TEC Bull RT-700 Wood Pellet Grill makes BBQ easy!
• OBR & Grill Seeker – BBQ book guru Doug Mosley tells about the new Operation Barbecue Relief book and more.
• BBQ History Preview – SMOKELORE is the new book from Jim Auchmutey and we have an exclusive preview just for you.
BBQ: The Business
• Smithfield Foodservice Behind the Pit – If you are a BBQ professional then you will want to check out this special section! FREE CONTENT
• AOE Winners – National Barbecue & Grilling Association recaps their 2019 AOE contest and conference.
• New BBQ Technology Introduced – Southern Pride announces big changes to their electric smoker models.
BBQ: The Competition
• BBQ Family Profiles – Mark and Gretchen Noordsy details the Culinary Fight Club and their Fight2Feed charity.
• Steak Cookoff Association – SC Angus details the recent Kansas City event. FREE CONTENT
• Northeast Barbecue Society – NEBS spotlights Andy Husbands and details recent judges class.
• The Weekend is Celebration of Culinary Art – Vic Clevenger gives some thoughts about Norte Dame vs. BBQ
• Minnesota Barbeque Society – MNBS shares details about Culinary Fight Club and highlights the Lucky Brisket catering team.
• BBQ Life As Done by “Big Papa” – Dana “Big Papa” Hillis details Clermont and Frostproof FL events