America's Only Magazine Dedicated To ALL Things Barbecue and Grilling!
Red text represents direct links that will take you to the entire story.
Look for the FREE CONTENT as this story will not require a digital subscription.
Table Of Contents 5.2019 Issue
BBQ: The Backyard
• Welcome to National Barbecue Month – Publisher Kell Phelps introduces some new contributors and events.
• Cured Pork Belly Bacon– Must have barbecue recipe from Ray Sheehan “BBQ Buddha”
• Ben Que’n New Product Reviews – REC TEC Bull RT-700 Wood Pellet Grill makes BBQ easy!
• OBR & Grill Seeker – BBQ book guru Doug Mosley tells about the new Operation Barbecue Relief book and more.
• BBQ History Preview – SMOKELORE is the new book from Jim Auchmutey and we have an exclusive preview just for you.
BBQ: The Business
• Smithfield Foodservice Behind the Pit – If you are a BBQ professional then you will want to check out this special section! FREE CONTENT
• AOE Winners – National Barbecue & Grilling Association recaps their 2019 AOE contest and conference.
• New BBQ Technology Introduced – Southern Pride announces big changes to their electric smoker models.
BBQ: The Competition
• BBQ Family Profiles – Mark and Gretchen Noordsy details the Culinary Fight Club and their Fight2Feed charity.
• Steak Cookoff Association – SC Angus details the recent Kansas City event. FREE CONTENT
• Northeast Barbecue Society – NEBS spotlights Andy Husbands and details recent judges class.
• The Weekend is Celebration of Culinary Art – Vic Clevenger gives some thoughts about Norte Dame vs. BBQ
• Minnesota Barbeque Society – MNBS shares details about Culinary Fight Club and highlights the Lucky Brisket catering team.
• BBQ Life As Done by “Big Papa” – Dana “Big Papa” Hillis details Clermont and Frostproof FL events
READY TO BBQ?
July 16-18, 2020: Smoke on the Mountain BBQ Championship, Galax, VA POSTPONED TO 2021
July 31-Aug. 1, 2020: Water Valley Watermelon Carnival Train Tracks Pork Attack, Water Valley, MS
Aug. 28-29, 2020: The South Mississippi Bouchere Festival, Tylertown, MS
July 2-5, 2020: DC Jam Barbecue Championship, Landover, Md CANCELED
July 10-11, 2020: Harvest on the Fire at the Winery, Marshall, IL
July 10-11, 2020: New Jersey State BBQ Championship, North Wildwood, NJ
International BBQ Cookers
July 3-4, 2020: 107.3 The Bull BBQ Cookoff, Robstown, Tx CANCELED
July 3-4, 2020: Crawford Chamber 4th of July BBQ Cookoff, Crawford, TX POSTPONED
July 3-4, 2020: Fishin Fiesta, Freeport, Tx
Complete Calendar Here
August 8, 2020: Hog'N Heat 2020, Redwood City, Ca PENDING
August 22, 2020: Hog August Bites 2020, Rio Vista, Ca
August 29, 2020: The Rib Rubdown 2020, Knightsen, Ca
Complete Calendar Here
National Barbecue & Grilling
Aug. 1, 2020: B-Dale BBQ Contest, Roseville, MN
Aug. 15, 2020: Knights of Columbus BBQ Rib & Chicken Back Yard Competition
Aug 21-22, 2020: 13th Annual Big Island BBQ, Albert Lea, MN CANCELED
July 3-4, 2020: I Love BBQ and Music Festival, Lake Placid, NY.
July 10-11, 2020: Auburn Rotary Party in the Park, Auburn, NY.
July 17-18, 2020: Chillin’ and Grillin’ in the Glades, Wise, VA.
Originally it started as a printed newsletter to let avid barbecuers keep track of upcoming events and results from past events. Today we have evolved into a barbecue and grilling information super highway as we share information about ALL things barbecue and grilling.